Friday, July 18, 2008

Ready for Vacation!






People tell me that most older folks (like my husband and I) go on vacation to get away from it all. Now, who wants to get away from these sweet faces? Granddaughter, above, is entertained by her new bubble set. Grandson #1 loves to cut dough (by the way, it was so steamy that day that my lens fogged up even though I wiped it before taking the photo). Grandson #2 is the All-American boy, even wearing a Tampa Bay Rays' jersey, and Grandson #3 has learned to play peekaboo. Even though I've never been a "baby" person, I love spending time with these babies.

That's why we chose to take the older two (three and four) with us on vacation! We are taking the auto train from Sanford, FL to Lorton, VA (overnight), then going to Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown (we hope) early next week. Next weekend, we have a family wedding to attend in Gloucester, VA, then we will drive back through the Outer Banks of NC, spending three nights near Cape Hatteras and one night in Ocracoke.

Yesterday we had the two of them over (to give Mommy a break) and showed them their backpacks and had them put a couple things in them. They were so excited (and ready to go)! So were we.

So our next installments should be about our vacation (unless there is breaking news).

An addendum: As I walked Granddaughter through a store at the mall yesterday (bathroom break), she was telling me about her friends. At one point, she was talking about having "skinny friends." I asked her if I was a skinny friend. She turned to me and said, "No, you an old lady." Cracked me up! I think "skinny" meant young by her response.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home