Monday, July 28, 2008

Day 6 of vacation




Gloucester, VA

The entire day was spent getting ready for or attending Boppa's great niece's wedding. It was an outdoor wedding, and at the last minute I decided to put Grandson in shorts and tennis shoes as the day was very warm. Granddaughter had a special sundress. They both looked adorable (see photo).

They were very, very good during the ceremony and we got lots of compliments on their behavior. I spent a lot of the day walking back and forth from the house to the reception tent keeping an eye on them. Boppa was engaged in discussion with much of his family for most of the day. Around 4:15 Grandson fell asleep on my shoulder, so I took him to the house and put him on the groom's suite's bed where he slept for about 90 minutes. In the meantime (as I was sitting with him, napping myself), Granddaughter tore up the floor with her dance moves, according to everyone. I had left the camera with Boppa, but he only took one picture and it wasn't of her! Oh well.

The day ended somewhat strangely. As the groom (a member of the Coast Guard) and his bride were getting ready to leave, a Coast Guard cutter zoomed by, and then a Coast Guard helicopter kept circling our area. We didn't know if they were saluting the wedding of one of their own or if there were a true crisis! I jokingly told him that they were looking for him to report for duty, and he grinned and said, "They won't find me!"

This will be the final post until I get back home. I left my download cord (for pictures) at home and luckily was able to borrow one of the niece's cords while in Gloucester. So check back sometime this weekend for the rest of vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home