Friday, March 21, 2008

Storytellers



Our three and four year old grandchildren have become quite the story tellers lately. Different kinds of stories, though!

Case in point:

Grandson has a bit of a temper now. Last week when he came to visit me at school, he was upset that he had to leave, so he threw a little racket/net across the room. It struck one of my student tables and cracked. I tossed it into their toy box and forgot about it. So yesterday, Granddaughter reached into the box and found the broken net. "Nee Nee, it's broken!" she told me.

I eyeballed Grandson and said, "That's because someone had a temper tantrum and threw it and it broke. Do you know who that was?"

He looks at me with this theatrical innocent but knowing look (cracked me up) and said, "I don't know." Then he spotted a stuffed bear I have in the room. "The bear did it!" he proclaimed. I started laughing at his ingenuity. A few minutes later, he strolled over to the bear as if to feed it and he's whispering, "You broke it. You broke it. You broke it." So now he blames everything on the bear. He knows we know but it's a cute game.

So later Granddaughter got into the game. "Maybe a bad witch came and made the bear bad. And the good witch was going to make him good, but her wand broke. And she didn't have anymore batteries." She went on for several minutes explaining how the bear became bad. It was so cute.

It's good to see them use their imaginations!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home