Thursday, July 12, 2007

Day Eleven: Vacation



Started: Boone's Mill, VA
Ended: Savannah, GA

A quick breakfast and we were on our way home! The Grandkids watched DVDs almost all day and didn't nap until late in the afternoon. Needless to say, they were quite cranky by that time. Grandson insists "No sleep" even as his eyes are shut. We lunched at rest stop in S.C. on I-26. Let the kids run a bit.

We were very glad to pull into the hotel at Savannah. And, lucky us, there was a Cracker Barrel just up the road. So after we got settled in, we headed out to dinner. It was touch and go for a minute there; we almost decided to go fast food and bring it in. But when I explained to the Grandkids that their crying and whining might not let us go to Cracker Barrel, they sweetened up real fast. It's amazing how well they understood. I ordered them fries, (again) and mac and cheese: all the starches. They ate pretty well, though. However, sweetness didn't last through the whole meal. Boppa ended up taking them out a little early so I could finish my meal.

Back at the room, Grandson fell immediately to sleep. This is the only day I didn't give them a bath. Granddaughter didn't seem sleepy. She asked if she could sleep in our bed and I said, "Sure." She said, "Oh, thank you Nee Nee!" with such enthusiasm. I told her 3 stories, and she was sound asleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home