Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Day Nine: Vacation





Started: Cookeville, TN
Ended: Boone's Mill, VA

Another pretty early start. Followed I-40 to I-75 and then to I-81. That is such a pretty interestate: too bad you can't enjoy the scenery because of the TRUCKS! They are in front of you, behind you, next to you. Wow! You need nerves of steel.

This is the only day we actually stopped and ate fast food lunch -- McDonald's. We stopped just outside of Wytheville, Va. The kids needed a break (and so did we). We even got ice cream after we ate. Granddaughter showed Boppa that she knows how to eat an ice-cream cone. We actually bought a sundae for them, but she wanted the cone.

We got into Uncle B's house around 5:00. Aunt and Uncle had never met the our grandkids, so it was a real treat to show them off! About an hour after we got there, we took the kids out to see the cows down the road. Grandson decided to pick up his rock throwing again! Granddaughter picked wildflowers to take back to her great aunt.

Aunt and Uncle had 2 big dogs and 3 cats to play with. The kids were thrilled.

Aunt S. made dinner for us, but they only ate bread. Strangely, they didn't eat but a couple bites of the ice cream Uncle B. offered them. They had to be starved.

We put them on a pull out couch. I thought I had them asleep, but Grandson heard me try to sneak back into my bed, so I ended up sleeping with the two of them all night. Boppa had the bed in the bedroom all to himself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home