Friday, July 06, 2007

Day Five: Vacation


Started: Hot Springs, AR
Ended: Fayetteville, AR

Well, we reached our destination today. Got in around 3:15. Found the family sitting around the pool area, talking (what else).

The road between Hot Springs and Russellville (where we got on the interstate) was designated a scenic highway. But unfortunately, I only saw about 15-20 minutes of it because it was real "wiggly" and I started to get motion sick. So I pretended to go to sleep so the kids wouldn't be yelling "Nee Nee" every two minutes (and make it worse). Paul handled them pretty well.

The interstate up to Fayetteville (540 I think) is a beautiful ride.

Grandson was being a real pill all afternoon. I tried to get him to swim in the pool when we got there, but all he could do was cry and whine. Finally, I took him up to the room where Boppa was resting and asked him to get him to sleep. Apparently, it took over an hour! And then he only slept 1/2 hr. because Granddaughter needed to use the potty, and although she was quiet when we came in, she let the toilet seat drop and that woke him up. He remained cranky for about an hour. Once he saw he could run around without shoes on, he was a bit better. Boppa stayed in his room and rested all evening. I ended up taking them up early to go to bed, so I missed out on all the "fun" stuff that evening. But it was okay. I was tired, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home