Saturday, December 30, 2006

Grandson -- phone Nee Nee


I am sitting in a room on the West Coast when my cell phone goes off. I checked the number and saw it was my daughter-in-law. So I answered, "Hello" and heard a "Hi Nee Nee." At first I thought it was my granddaughter, but my daughter-in-law quickly informed me it was Grandson. I was so surprised. He just recently started calling me by my name (well, he says it Nay Nay, but it's close enough for me). Apparently, he was missing me and Boppa, so Mommy dialed us up to talk. Of course, I had to talk to Granddaughter too.

It's funny how Grandson has suddenly become attached to me. It's just been in the last two weeks. He hasn't been feeling well (he had Fifth Disease) and so I've been holding him a lot more. He now brings his books to me to read and when he's tired, he comes to me to be held. He just relaxes and I feel his little body just "crash" and I know he's asleep.

He was not a happy camper when I told him bye-bye on Christmas. Almost broke my heart to hear him cry and know I wouldn't see him again until the 4th.

Well, I hope someday he's big enough and his mom is brave enough to let them travel with us. Then we won't have to have phone calls to bring us together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home