Monday, February 22, 2010

A short visit


My son's 3 children and his stepson spent the night with us Saturday. It was a challenge, figuring out where everyone was going to sleep, especially since I have bronchitis and quite a cough.

Speaking of cough, the little one (a year old), was quite intrigued with her Nee Nee's cough. After one particularly strong spell, I turned to her and said, "Nee Nee coughs." She then proceeded to fake a cough herself, tongue curled around and slightly sticking out. Once she saw that it tickled me, she added that to her repertoire. So now if you say, "Show me Nee Nee's cough," she does it!

Grandson (4) also learned a new term -- "read my mind." He and his sister said something at the same time, and I told him she "read your mind." He asked me what that meant and I told him that he and his sister were thinking the same thing at the same time. A few minutes later, I said something to him and he grinned and said, "You read my mind." What a smart cookie!

Granddaughter (5) actually spent a few hours across the street with the 8 year old watching movies. I guess everything went well... she came back with a baggie full of popcorn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home