Tuesday, February 16, 2010

One, Fun, Fair, and Grandmere ...

Above you will see most of my family. My daughter, her husband and their 3 year old son; my younger daughter, her husband, and their 2 year old son; my son with his two older kids, and me with the baby girl. We braved a chilly Sunday morning at the Florida State Fair (yes, in February) and had a great time.
This is the baby girl who turned one on Saturday. Her mother has nicknamed her "Lady bug" so she had lady bugs as her theme. Her cake was a lady bug, and she wore lady bug shoes and a lady bug dress. What a doll. She is a sweet baby, easy to care for. She even spent the night at our house on Saturday and fell right to sleep when we put her down.

She says quite a few words, her favorites being "light" and "nice". She sticks her tongue all the way out when she says "light." It's so cute. When she says, "nice" she usually runs her hands down her hair. Her daddy taught her that word so that she is nice to people and pets (stroke them "nice"). Well, her other grandma tricked her on her birthday. She was eating her smash cake, but it was only on her face. So her Mammaw said, "nice" to her ... and she automatically began stroking her hair -- of course giving herself an icing conditioning treatment!

Last night, she was at the dinner table with her daddy, when her 4 year old brother walked over. He "tooted" and his father said (sarcastically) "Nice!" The baby turned to him and said in her sweet little voice, "Niiiiiice" and stroked her hair. Cracked us all up.

This little guy gave me a surprise on Saturday at the birthday party. He came running up to me to show me the Valentine heart that he was wearing. My mom was standing there with a camera, so she caught my face when I read on the heart "I'm going to be a big brother!" And THAT'S how I found out that grandchild #9 is on the way! Due October 10 (10-10-10).

This little guy spent the night with us recently so that Mommy could have some time to herself and get some rest. But as the night wore on, poor little guy started sobbing, "Mommy." He's gotten real close to her lately. I held him and told him Mommy was fine, but he was going to stay with us and sleep at our house. I ended up putting him in the back bedroom and lying down with him. (He didn't want to sleep with Boppa. I think the sleep mask and snoring scare him). I woke up twice during the night and caught him with his eyes open, tears piling up and him saying, very quietly, "mommy, mommy." Both my mother and other daughter said they would've been on the phone to his mommy, unable to take it. But I guess I'm made of sterner stuff. I just hugged him and told him to go back to sleep. He'd see Mommy in the morning. When he woke up, he was fine. All smiles.

This guy is becoming quite an imp. He loves to pick on his sister (sounds familiar). He told me the other day he did it because she is "bigger." That sounds familiar too! He is as smart as a whip. You should see him put puzzles together. He is now riding his bike with Boppa to pick up his sister from school. Of course, they race all the way home, and recently, he got a little too close to a car, which scared him to death. It also scared his Boppa. Boppa ended up calling that evening to make sure the little bugger was all right.

This beautiful young lady is more than half way through her kindergarten year. She is beginning to recognize words, although not fast enough for my taste! I wish I had more time to work with her. She loves to help ... and she LOVES BUGS. This is one thing she has inherited from her father, who was the same way at the same age.

And so, I end my report on Nee Nee's house for the past couple of weeks. I hope to have more time to post more pictures soon. They make such good subjects!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home